Read Chapter 3 Joy in the book The Fruit Of The Spirit along with scriptures given in the questions below:
1. What sorts of things do people seek after in order to experience Happiness?
2. Read John 15:9-11. What would Jesus have us do in order to experience Complete Joy?
3. In your own words describe the difference between the Spiritual Gift of Joy & Happiness:
4. From the section of the chapter titled "Common Joy", for each subsection shown below, tell why you think this kind of Joy doesn't satisfy the heart:
a. Times of Celebration
b. Times of Achievement
d. Unexpected Joy
5. What is it about our Salvation that should give us Joy?
6. Think about being an "instrument in God's hands" that helps lead someone to Christ.
a. If you have experienced this, share your experience:
b. Pick someone you know that needs to know God's Salvation, what will you do to reach
out to them in order to share the Gospel?
7. What benefits can you gain from enduring difficult circumstances while trusting in God?
8. Read the John Ortberg excerpt on page 54, what did you find especially interesting or
eye-opening? Share your thoughts on this.
9. In the past week, what one thing in your life most brought God glory & joy to you?
10. Read Ephesians 5:15-20. How might we get filled with the Holy Spirit?
11. From the following passages, what were the results of being filled with the Holy Spirit?
a. Exodus 35:31-33
b. Deuteronomy 34:9
c. Luke 1:67
d. Acts 4:31
12. What makes Christian Joy unique?
Read John 16:19-24: answer the following from the passage.
13. What would cause the disciples grief?
14. What would turn their grief to Joy?
15. What would make their Joy complete?