Read Chapter 7 Goodness in the book The Fruit Of The Spirit along with scriptures given in the questions below:
1. Using various resources (our book, dictionary, Bible dictionary, etc) come up with a 1 sentence definition for the Spiritual Fruit of Goodness.
2. Read the section of the chapter titled "Are people born good?":
a. How does the world view this?
b. With young children in mind, what is the difference between being good & being innocent? (see Isaiah 7:15-16)
3. Look up information in resources if needed, then describe the differences between Salvation & Sanctification.
4. Read the following passages, and for each record the ways God encourages us in regards to the Scriptures.
a. Deuteronomy 11:18-20
b. Job 22:22
c. Psalm 119:11
d. Proverbs 4:4-6
e. Jeremiah 15:16
f. Hebrews 4:12
5. a. What potential sources of "negative, impure, or wrong information" are you aware of in your life?
b. What can you do to minimize or counter the influence of these sources?
c. Which of these sources do you need to remove or avoid?
6. Find 2-3 verses of scripture regarding choosing what is right.
7. Read Ephesians 6:10-18 (the Armor of God):
a. From verses 11-12, against what forces is this Armor useful?
b. From verse 13, what does the Armor do for the believer?
c. From verses 14-18, share one recent example of how you've used a piece of Spiritual Armor.
8. What warnings do you get from the following passages:
a. 1 Corinthians 10:12
b. 2 Peter 3:17
c. Galatians 6:1
d. 1 Peter 5:8-9
9. Share about a time when you were rejected by someone close because you chose to live for God.
10. a. Find 2-3 verses on being courageous for God.
b. From the verses you found, what did you learn about God?